Food is such an integral part of our travel experience. We’ve noticed that taste is usually sub par when it comes to restaurants with a view, but this is not the case at Bled Castle Restaurant. Whether it’s the food, service, or the ambiance, it is without a doubt the best restaurant in Slovenia.
Imagine indulging in delicious food and drinks in a real castle overlooking a gorgeous lake as the sun sets. I’m being dead serious when I say ourculinary experience at Bled Castle Restaurant was far superior than some of the Michelin starred restaurants we’ve dined at. There’s really nothing to fault!
The Best Restaurant in Slovenia – Bled Castle Restaurant
Space & Ambiance
Located in Bled Castle, the restaurant has an indoor space seating 96 guests, with an additional outdoor terrace that can accommodate up to 100 guests. The window and terrace seats offer an unbeatable view of the turquoise Bled Lake.
Note: If you book your lunch or dinner in advance, you receive a free entrance to Bled Castle.
Tip: Book faaaar in advance if you want the best table in the house- the corner table right on the edge of the castle wall.
Led by a team of culinary professionals from Jezeršek catering, Bled Castle Restaurant offers traditional Slovene dishes with an innovative and sophisticated twist. The menu changes every season using only fresh ingredients. Flavours are bold and you can taste each ingredient for what they really are.
Staff & Service
One word: top-notch; the entire team is extremely kind and professional. We were greeted with a warm welcome the moment we set foot in the restaurant. An added bonus? Every single staff is eye candy (even AS thinks so).
Our lovely waiter for the night was Matic who took great care of us, making our evening truly unforgettable. He’s knowledgeable not only in wines, but also the ingredients used in each dish. Timing is everything when it comes to fine-dining. Our guy knew exactly when to take away an empty plate and when to introduce the next course.
After a glass of sparkling wine and amuse bouche, we were whisked away to an evening of culinary delights: the tasting menu with wine pairings. We found the portions to be very generous; neither quality nor quantity was compromised. Each dish was beautifully presented with flavour profiles that complement one another.
– Amuse Bouche and Soup –
- Deep fried meatball: Bite-sized meaty goodness with just the right amount of seasoning.
- Carrot soup with scallop: Scallop is firm on the exterior and soft on the inside, with an explosion of flavour as you bite into it. Soup is creamy and light. The parsley oil drizzle is genius!
– Cold Starters –
- Marinated red trout fillet in yogurt mousse with horseradish, green apple and radish: Fresh, tangy, and slightly spicy with a nice kick.
- Smoked beef tongue with crispy courgettes, sour red onion and mustard dressing: Who can say no to melt-in-your-mouth beef? The courgette complemented the smokiness of the meat and added a nice crunch.
– Main Course –
- Angler’s tail on mashed vegetables, saffron sauce and green bean salad: Perfectly cooked fish that has a lobster-like texture. If you like monkfish you’ll love this.
- Slow cooked beef cheeks with spring vegetables and parmesan croquettes: So, so tender. Our teeth sunk into it as if it were butter.
– Dessert –
- Strawberry trifle with panna cotta and tarragon macaron: We usually aren’t big fans of panna cotta or macarons but we wanted more of this! Who knew tarragon could work so well in a dessert?
- Chocolate mousse with forest fruit ice cream: Rich in cocoa yet light in texture. Chocolately sweet with a balanced nicely with tartness from the berries.
Bled Castle Restaurant – The Best restaurant in Slovenia
- Hours of operation: Daily from 11am-10pm
- Reservations: Email email@example.com or call +386 (0)4 620 34 44. They do not take same-day reservations.
- Location: In Bled Castle! If you’re walking from the lake keep in mind the uphill trail has lots of stairs.
- For more information and current menus, please visit Jezeršek Catering’s official website, Instagram, and Facebook pages.
Disclaimer: Many thanks to Jezeršek Catering for hosting our meal at Bled Castle Restaurant, hands down the best restaurant in Slovenia we’ve dined at during our time there. As always, our opinions and experiences are honest and our own- we wouldn’t recommend something if we didn’t love it ourselves!
Like it? Pin it!