Regardless of how expensive data plans are in Canada we can’t not have them, even if it means a measly 4GB a month. Don’t even get me started on roaming charges! We usually bum WiFi off restaurants and hotel lobbies when we’re traveling but Mickey D’s and Starbucks aren’t always around. When we found out we could have unlimited data in Europe we were alllll over it.
HIPPOCKETWIFI delivered the pocket-sized device to our hotel in London. It came in a cute pouch along with an emergency SIM card, charging cable, instructions card, and prepaid return envelope. We loved our Hippo so much we even sang a jingle whenever we pulled it out! It saved our butts so many times that we owe our flawless trip to this little guy:
- Staying in touch with our families 24/7
- Never getting lost with Google Maps while on our road trip
- Making dinner reservations at hard-to-book restaurants
- Booking ferry and train tickets on the go (barely made it back to Salzburg from Halltstatt)
- Posting on social media to stay in the loop
- Checking operating hours for attractions and restaurants
- Emailing and calling brands for travel arrangements
- Sending our #1 biggest fan (Mama Ko!) daily photos and videos so she can live vicariously through them
- Checking bus, train, and ferry schedules
- And the most important of all… researching the best spots for food!
Unlimited data in Europe with HIPPOCKETWIFI
What’s included in the plan?
You’ll get unlimited high-speed 4G LTE network in Europe, express delivery, prepaid return envelope from an European country, 24/7 support, and no hidden fees. Up to 10 devices can be connected simultaneously.
Note: Hippo works in 40 European countries; see this page for the complete list.
How do I rent one?
Place an online order before you go. You can have your pocket WiFi mailed to your first stop in Europe or delivered to your home (if you live in the US or Canada). Alternatively, you can pick it up from over 25,000 stores and post offices in Europe.
How much does it cost?
Prices start at 11.90€/day for 3-5 days, 10.90€/day for 6-9 days, 9.90€/day for 10-13 days, and 8.90€/day for 14+ days. Refer to this page for current pricing.
What’s the battery life?
When it’s fully charged the batter will last 6 hours of usage. It automatically turns off when it’s not in use to conserve battery.
Tip: We had it plugged in our solar backpack at all times which means we never had to worry about it running out!
More tips & info
- If you don’t need unlimited data you can opt for 1GB/day plans
- Rentals are available from 3-360 days
- For more information and current promotions, visit their official website, Facebook, and Instagram pages
Disclaimer: Many thanks to HIPPOCKETWIFI for providing us with a complimentary unlimited data in Europe and for making our trip flawless! All experiences and opinions are honest and our own. We wouldn’t recommend something if we didn’t love it ourselves!